Chartering Your Yacht
Chartering your yacht can be a cost effective way to cover the running costs, and for many owners it is also a time saving way to own a yacht. You can spend your time sailing rather than fixing! Step on board and you know that your yacht will be clean, fuelled and with full water tanks and a spare gas bottle.
- The highest standards – we always try to set higher standards of quality and service than our competitors, to keep your yacht in excellent condition.
- The best location – Plymouth has the best transport infrastructure of any West Country harbour, with the best access to all West Country and western English Channel cruising grounds. QAB marina, our base, is easily the most accessible marina in Plymouth with the widest range of facilities.
- Extensive pre-charter checks – prior to every charter.
- Cleaner yachts – your yacht is cleaned before and after every charter.
- Handover procedures – the most thorough in the industry.
- Repeat customers – our biggest source of business.
- Big discounts on new HANSE yachts – speaks for itself really!
What do we expect from owners? Your yacht will need to be in excellent condition and fully equipped to the latest charter specifications including all safety equipment. Your yacht will need to be registered with the Department of Transport as a small commercial vessel, we can advise on the requirements. We also require that comprehensive preventative maintenance be carried out, including annual inflatable dinghy servicing, sail and canvas items valeting and/or repair, rig check, charts updating and service of all safety equipment. We manage the maintenance for most of the yachts on the fleet, but you are welcome to do what you can yourself.
We aim to keep your yacht in excellent condition whilst earning its keep!